Sunday, July 26, 2015

Wet weekend in Portland


The NW Author group converged on the great city or Portland yesterday, Saturday July 25th, in what turned into one of the wettest days I have experienced in years.  It rained so hard that the organizers were putting sandbags in front of the doors by our booth.  The books got wrinkly and damp. But our spirits stayed up and it was a great day of visiting with local friends before my move.  I would have been a bit disappointed about driving to Portland and not getting to sign but my husband and I had a wonderful day Friday in the Dalles. It was a gorgeous evening at a hotel with one of the friendliest workers.  We had a relaxing dinner and a quiet evening looking out over the dam and watching the lights.  So it didn't matter if any books were sold. It was a weekend to reconnect with my husband after weeks of remodeling work and fun times with authors I love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment